TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
north part of the city

asenlf4.jpg

Nice picture! What aperture were you using? It seems that as you go out further to infinity, you lose focus.

There are 2 solutions to that... either use a fully closed aperture, or look up and learn how to use hyperfocal focusing techniques.

The picture could also benefit from a 20-30% sharpness increase and maybe an increase in vibrancy... perhaps 10%? These are just my opinions, of course.

Thank-you.

i think it could do with a little bit of a contrast boost, also maybe a lil dodging/burning on the sky to bring it out a lil more.

I'm wanting to see more of the sky. It looks like it could be very dramatic. I'd show more of it and drop the city down. The rock at the bottom provides foreground and therefore depth, but it is distracting.

i see what yall mean. thanks for the great tips.
Jerry, i don't remember what aperture i've used- i took the picture like 3 months ago... is there a way to figure it out?

open the image on your pc, rightclick it, in the drop down menu click properties > click summary > click advanced.

6yfp6dw.jpg

More contrast does not help. As a matter of fact it makes the image weaker by reducing detail and deadening the colour. The major weakness from a technical standpoint is sharpness.

skieur

More contrast does not help. As a matter of fact it makes the image weaker by reducing detail and deadening the colour. The major weakness from a technical standpoint is sharpness.

skieur
I'm seeing what you mean. I agree with you. The edited version just doesn't look like a real picture coming from a digital camera. The fakery in the edit is obvious. I don't think this degree of sharpness could be captured with a digital. Probably not even a hasselblad with print film could display this much sharpness.

Most reactions

Back