Assassin Bug with a Meal

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Due to these photos I will be ordering a set of manual cheapo extension tubes tomorrow. I would have loved to have caught these photos with full frame shots of this bug and his meal.

2008-08-17_31web.jpg

2008-08-17_35web.jpg

2008-08-17_47web.jpg

2008-08-17_77web.jpg

2008-08-17_91web.jpg

Oh...and this is the same type of bug that I posted week or two ago....just happened to see him catch and kill/eat a fly this time.

Nice Shots! I like them a lot, and how it has a fly makes it even better.

That bug sure is wicked looking with all the little spikes! Great shots!

Derrick

Due to these photos I will be ordering a set of manual cheapo extension tubes tomorrow. I would have loved to have caught these photos with full frame shots of this bug and his meal.

Honestly, IMO, a closer view would have hurt the shot. Here with the flower and the bugs, you have both the beauty and cruelty of nature in the same shot. That's pretty good.

and I agree with Derrick, that's a wicked looking bug.

Very nice shots. Love the colours!

Absolutely excellent. Well done! Agree with those who said there was no need to get closer. One of the biggest compositional errors people make, IMHO, especially in macro/close-up work, is getting too close. Unless you're doing it for scientific reasons, 99 times out of a 100, you're better off to back up a little. You can always crop more closely in post, but you can't really add more image.

Thanks everybody. I agree that the shot's are a nice good/evil with the flower and bug together. I would have liked to have had 1 or 2 closeups to go with them though to tie into the series. It just would have been neat to catch the detail of his actual feeding.

Most reactions

Back