Assign #1 "Wet"

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
After a bit of discussion it seems like there is interest in giving this a try. So to start it off, I will post the first "assigment". The assignment is to go and take pics of a particular theme, and then come back and post there in this thread, for discussion, comments, and even critiques if you choose. After a week a new assignment will be posted with a different theme. Pretty simple really, just a way to encourage us to get out there and shoot with specifics in mind! So with all that being said, the theme for this week is: WET

Now get out there and take some pics :)

Good idea, Amanda!

And maybe if this idea really takes off, I'll try and convince the Chase-meister to make another sub-forum! :)

core_17 said:
Good idea, Amanda!

And maybe if this idea really takes off, I'll try and convince the Chase-meister to make another sub-forum! :)

Thanks, Wahoo for sub forums :lol:

Fantastic idea, i'm all over it =)

alrighty it seems we are started! thanks amanda!

im going to give this till friday the 29th.

get out there and start shooting!

md

I would like to suggest that in addition to subject description oriented assignments (such as wet, blue, mysterious, etc...), that we occasionally throw in some technical assignments such as:

short DOF: wide aperture

long DOF: narrow aperture

freeze action: fast shutter speed

blur: slow shutter speed

3 times of day: the exact same composition, but taken in 3 different lighting situations

fill the frame: subject must be composed so that it intersects with at least 3 sides of the image frame

triptych: 3 photos shot with the intention of being displayed together

3 focal lengths: take three photos with three different focal lengths (preferably wide, normal, and long), attempt to keep the composition as similar as possible in each photo

Great ideas Matt! We will definitely be sure and include some of those!!!

Hey everyone, this is my first post here. :D This sounds like a great idea, something I'd love to participate in. I really like the idea of having technical assignments too. It'd be a great way for beginners (like me) to learn.
Anyhoo, I'm off to shoot some pictures. :D

Cass.

sweet.

here's one for me. no editing or anything, just straight from the camera.

100_5883.jpg

man i just got totally photo owned. great job errant star! did you do that specifically for this thread or did you already have it?

right after i saw this assignment i thought of that glass. i had just taken it the night before, so i got lucky there :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back