Assorted wildlife from South Africa

Love, Love, Love the Cheetah and Lion photos! Great work!

Nice! What camera and what lens?

Love, Love, Love the Cheetah and Lion photos! Great work!

That's a leopard, but thank you!

Nice! What camera and what lens?

They're taken with any combination of 1DIII, 5DII, 70-200 f/2.8, 100-400, 1.4x & 2x teleconverters, so if you want to know the info for a specific photo, check out the exif data.

It must be wonderful to shoot all these beautiful animals!!! I would love to go to Africa x

it was a really cool trip! My wife is from South Africa, so we got to stay with some family and luckily, they knew all about the animals and how to find them and stuff. it was amazing.

you are indeed very lucky...although I'm not too fond of hyena's!!! they creep me out, my friend is always telling me that horrid fact, that the females have penises to show dominance :-s

robert, nice shots - the lion, the wild dog and the leopard look like they could use a slight increase in contrast as they look like they are "faded". I just got back from a two week safari in Kenya - it was great. Looks like I should plan a trip to South Africa - which part were you in - Kruger and if so, what part of Kruger?

WesternGuy

robert, nice shots - the lion, the wild dog and the leopard look like they could use a slight increase in contrast as they look like they are "faded". I just got back from a two week safari in Kenya - it was great. Looks like I should plan a trip to South Africa - which part were you in - Kruger and if so, what part of Kruger?

WesternGuy

You guys are so lucky...always wanted to go to Kenya etc to see all the animals. I would love to go on Safari sometime, just need the pennies to do it :-s

we were in Kruger for 3 full days, and bits and pieces of others. we stayed mostly in the north/central area, as my wife's family lives in Phalaborwa. We stayed in Letaba camp and one other that the name is escaping me right now. We also hung out in the Sable Dam hide for a good while watching the elephants playing in the water.

we were in Kruger for 3 full days, and bits and pieces of others. we stayed mostly in the north/central area, as my wife's family lives in Phalaborwa. We stayed in Letaba camp and one other that the name is escaping me right now. We also hung out in the Sable Dam hide for a good while watching the elephants playing in the water.

Thanks Robert, I will put these locations in my "trips to take" folder for locations to visit when I work South Africa and Kruger into my itinerary.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back