Turnerea
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Aug 28, 2008
- Messages
- 212
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- SoCal
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I've seen many pictures of this style:
http://parkerlab.bio.uci.edu/pictur...new for web/big thumbs/tn_IMG_3177_tweak2.jpg
(not shown in the post because I didn't take it)
What techniques would you guess are at play here?? In my head its got to be one of two ways:
*very high ISO to capture all that detail in the stars before trails can be formed. I'm thinking you'd have to have a full frame sensor to keep the noise down for high ISO for this option, and shoot at wide angles to allow the longest time possible.
*a stack effect to get all the stars (with or without a moving mount?), then digitally combined to place the arch in front
Obviously people won't know what really happened to make this picture, but maybe some people with experience with these types of shots can shed some light on how they accomplished them?
Thanks,
Erik
http://parkerlab.bio.uci.edu/pictur...new for web/big thumbs/tn_IMG_3177_tweak2.jpg
(not shown in the post because I didn't take it)
What techniques would you guess are at play here?? In my head its got to be one of two ways:
*very high ISO to capture all that detail in the stars before trails can be formed. I'm thinking you'd have to have a full frame sensor to keep the noise down for high ISO for this option, and shoot at wide angles to allow the longest time possible.
*a stack effect to get all the stars (with or without a moving mount?), then digitally combined to place the arch in front
Obviously people won't know what really happened to make this picture, but maybe some people with experience with these types of shots can shed some light on how they accomplished them?
Thanks,
Erik