Astrophotography

I meant to reply last week when you posted these... REALLY wonderful captures and thanks for posting these!

I realize you didn't call attention to them... but I also very much enjoyed the Running Man nebula with the Orion Nebula... and the Flame with the Horse Head.

Thanks - those are definitely two of my favorites. I can't wait for them to come back around this fall so I can capture them with the new SBIG CCD camera.

Excellent work sir! I tried to jump into astrophotography back in the '90s with a home built webcam and an unguided C8. It is a full time job with no paycheck. I was never able to get anything I was happy with but got a few "meh" planetaries (Jupiter, Saturn and Mars). It is such a huge commitment of time, effort, talent and equipment to get images like yours. I have a deep respect for all you guys doing astrophotography at this level. I still have my old C8... But I added a 12" Dob last year... So no astrophotography for me, but I am enjoying the night sky through the eyepiece like never before.

Hats off to you. Please keep posting your stuff. Astrophotography is a wonderful addiction. It is worth spending some effort with just a tripod and DSLR under the night sky... Celestial events happen more frequently than people think and many are highly noteworthy (ie, solar/lunar eclipses, planetary/lunar conjunctions, comets, asteroids, meteor showers, etc...). The more skilled photographers out there at night the better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back