At the playground

cherrymoose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some of my first successful portraits! (all candids).
I found going down to the elementary school after school is the perfect spot for cute little kid shots. :) Comments?

499064398_d6002380fb.jpg

499064436_8d7545bb14.jpg

499078196_c98d7abc92.jpg

499078252_e917e829d6.jpg

500091400_246963b1d7.jpg

500091412_1f87f7de2a.jpg

500091422_1f87f7de2a.jpg

All of these are great. #4 could use a closer crop. That would take away the harsh light at the bottom of the photo. Just my $.02. =]

I love 6 and 7 best. Good job!

Thanks all for the comments. :mrgreen: Anybody else?

All of these are great. #4 could use a closer crop. That would take away the harsh light at the bottom of the photo. Just my $.02. =]

Thank you for the critique, I'll have to try the crop. I liked the lighting of this shot, but not that big patch of light either. :thumbup:

Well, you are in the States, so things are different, and it is no use I ask if you got release, you will say "public place" and all that ... I would never show photos of children (candids) without signed release by their parents (other than the one little boy who I photographed in a park in clearest view of his parents who never said anything against it, so I took that as a silent agreement). For me, this is a touchy subject.

That said, I must say: the last is best.
In many, the shadowed areas in which they were compete with the sun-lit background and some fill-flash would possibly have helped.
The scene captured in 4 is nice and tells a story. I like that!

Well, you are in the States, so things are different, and it is no use I ask if you got release, you will say "public place" and all that ... I would never show photos of children (candids) without signed release by their parents (other than the one little boy who I photographed in a park in clearest view of his parents who never said anything against it, so I took that as a silent agreement). For me, this is a touchy subject.

That said, I must say: the last is best.
In many, the shadowed areas in which they were compete with the sun-lit background and some fill-flash would possibly have helped.
The scene captured in 4 is nice and tells a story. I like that!

Thank you for the critique. :thumbup:
I have another one that I really like, that tells more of a story than #4-- but now I'm not sure if I should post it because of the parent consent issue.

I would think that it would be fine since I didn't classify where I saw these children or what their names were, but I understand your point completely. Although, on numbers 1, 2, 5, 6, and 7, I fell into much the same situation as you with the park shot. The parents were near by, practically on the structures with the children, or even watching me in those shots, and didn't say anything about me photographing their children. Then again, they most likely didn't know that I would be posting those said shots on the internet... although, on the other hand, if they had any concerns at all I would expect them to speak up.

But as for #'s 3 and 4, there was just an adult 'yard duty' nearby watching me. She didn't express any concerns, but then again, I don't know if she was a parent and even thought about having concerns. Just like, I never thought about this matter until you brought it up-- which makes sense, since you're a parent and I'm sure you'd absolutely need to give your consent before letting a random stranger photograph your child.
So, thank you for bringing this up, since I was totally unaware to it.

Now, from a moderator's point of view, do you think I should delete #'s 3 and 4?

Now they are here, and they are good photos ... so ... well: no.
Leave them up and hope that none of these kids' parents knows about TPF ;).

But especially photos of children require some awareness per part of the photographer - I photograph many, many children by commission these days (dance school rehearsals, photos taken on request of their instructor), but you won't see any of my results until I got proper release.

But that is also so because German Rules are kind of strict on this matter.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back