Attempt at Astrophotography:Constellation Cygnus

mdsphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My attempt at astrophotography that was taken some weeks ago. The post editing kicks my ass and I am no where close to being good at it!
Reduced Milky Way.jpg

Nice photograph, but I am afraid I am having trouble finding the Northern Cross in this one.

WesternGuy

Nice photograph, but I am afraid I am having trouble finding the Northern Cross in this one.

WesternGuy

WG

Roger Clark of ClarkVision.com advised that I had captured mainly the north end of the constellation.

Mark

Thanks, that explains it. Regardless, I still like the image. Looking forward to seeing more of them.

WesternGuy

What editing are you doing?
Did you make multiple exposures and stack them?
What focal length did you use? It would take a pretty short focal length to get all of Cyngus in 1 frame.

Looking at how much of the Milky Way you have in the frame, and the dark sections in it, I would say you got only a portion of Cygnus south east of Sadr (Gamma Cygni) and north east of Eta Cygni. Sadr is the middle star in the cross where the 2 parts of the cross meet. Deneb, Sadr, Eta Cyngi, and Albireo form the north to south part of the cross. Deneb, at the top of the cross, is the brightest star in Cygnus.

What editing are you doing?
Did you make multiple exposures and stack them?
What focal length did you use? It would take a pretty short focal length to get all of Cyngus in 1 frame.

Looking at how much of the Milky Way you have in the frame, and the dark sections in it, I would say you got only a portion of Cygnus south east of Sadr (Gamma Cygni) and north east of Eta Cygni. Sadr is the middle star in the cross where the 2 parts of the cross meet. Deneb, Sadr, Eta Cyngi, and Albireo form the north to south part of the cross. Deneb, at the top of the cross, is the brightest star in Cygnus.

KmH,

No this was single shot taken at Nassau Sound, Jacksonville, FL. Im not close to being able to take and understand all the nuances of stacking. Captured with a Canon T71 with Tokina at 11mm, 3200, f 2.8 at 30 seconds with light pollution coming from Jacksonville which the core is about 25 miles away. I use LR6 in post editing .

Mark

Really nice attempt, I too enjoy night time star photography. I keep posting mine in the landscape forum >.<

Don't be afraid to experiment with the processing in LR, as long as the stars are bright that's all that matters! I went out again last night to do star trails, I'll post the result in this forum later tonight.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back