What's new

Starting over

Kymski

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 9, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Philadelphia Pa. !9107
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good morning everyone. This is my situation. I have a nikon d7000 which I purchased years ago. I haven't used it in quite a while.I have the bug again to start shooting. My camera definetly needs a tune up for me to start. I contactedNikon and was informed that my camera was a little to old to have a tune up done on it. I live in Philadelphia Pa. I don't know if I should attempt to have it looked at and fixed ot save up for a mirrorless. As I'm writing this I'm not at home. i can send pictures of the gear I have when I get home. If anyone could suggestthe direction that I dhoulg go I'd really appreciate it. I'm a average photographer at best but I do have the desire and time to get better. Thank you.
 
Tell us what needs a "tune-up." Trailing edge gear that works just might not produce images much different from current products.
 
I have a D7000, and it's my 3rd camera back, behind a D7200 and a D500. The D7000 still works just fine, but had some limitations in my use, such as slow continuous frame rate and a short buffer for that. I don't know what a "tune-up" would mean other than a good cleaning. Cleaning the sensor is not hard to do yourself, just get the right size swabs with some solution; it needs to be done pretty regularly anyway, as it's not an "annual" type thing. You might even need it on consecutive days!

There's really nothing else that needs maintenance or service unless you break it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom