Attempt at High Speed...

RalphP13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just for fun, I bought one of those build it yourself sound-activated flash triggers.

Of course what followed was loud distruction of property. :lol:

This is a first attempt. Feel free to comment or give pointers if you have dabbled in this.

Bulb%20Break%20Sm.jpg

(Since I host from home, sometimes you have to refresh to see the photo.)

Thanks, Ralph

cool picture!

I would love to see how you made the sound activated trigger...... I'm thinking of ordering one, but if I can make one easier, well, there it is.

You may cnosider moving the microphone away from the bulb a bit, to make more of a delay and give the action more time to "happen" before the flash goes off. Its a really cool pic, but it would be even cooler if the shards were flying a bit further out of formation..... if that makes any sense.

Thanks for sharing!

cool picture!

I would love to see how you made the sound activated trigger...... I'm thinking of ordering one, but if I can make one easier, well, there it is.

Thanks.

I got this:
SK2-BB Sound Trigger Kit with Breadboard - $12.50

From here:
HiViz - Kits - SK2: Sound trigger kit 2 (Looks just like the pic on the website)

I also bought the "Flash-to-PC adapter DIY" $15 and spliced in the shoe to hold my Nikon SB-600.

You may cnosider moving the microphone away from the bulb a bit, to make more of a delay and give the action more time to "happen" before the flash goes off. Its a really cool pic, but it would be even cooler if the shards were flying a bit further out of formation..... if that makes any sense.

I had the mic at the full distance. I may need to add length to the cord to get a longer delay (or I can just swing the hammer faster :lmao: )

Ralph

Most reactions

New Topics

Back