Attempt at Street Photography...

iphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is taken few months back...with a P&S, comments welcome

37889409.jpg

your attempt was very good! i love the diagonal line that runs through the image and your subject placement was excellent! the empty space works for me! :thumbup:

A closer crop with more detail from the faces would work for me.

Either a longer lens or try B&W - generally tends to work.

However - as JonMikal says - nice work with the natural lines

Thanks a lot for feedback, Street Photography is really what I like..but still little scared to go closer of the subjects :)

ok, when I saw a title I expected more people!!! almost a crowd!! :) ok but the shot is ok for me :)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your composition here. Really nice!! The brick pattern is terrific as is your placement of the subjects. :thumbup: Keep up the good work. :)

You will need to go a lot closer to publish this - as in approach them and get a model release!!

I usually find a business card, model release form and the promise of a photo (as soon as they write to you) usually works. Never had any letters from model releases yet!

Good luck - but seriously - try a longer lens!

Spike

Thanks for the advice mike. It was taken I think with D70 and since I got D70, I am damn scared of pointing this big boy at people :D

Can you pl tell me or show a sample of what a model release form is. I have no idea about it...sory if it sounds stupid :D

spike000 said:
You will need to go a lot closer to publish this - as in approach them and get a model release!!

I usually find a business card, model release form and the promise of a photo (as soon as they write to you) usually works. Never had any letters from model releases yet!

Good luck - but seriously - try a longer lens!

Spike

I love it just the way it is. The expanse of the stones make the couple seem even more secluded and intimate. It's almost voyourism on what looks like a stolen moment with two people.
Great Job!

There's really something to this shot. It's like a scene from a movie... I think it's great!

I like it, but I agree that more facial detail would add to the picture...it'd give more emotion to it.

Most reactions

Back