What's new

Auckland (New Zealand) at night, comments welcome :)

WryTheBteam

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 24, 2012
Messages
42
Reaction score
11
Location
New Zealand
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey ppl this is the first serious shoot ive done with my 6D, been a while since ive pulled the trigger on a camera and done a night time cityscape so after constructive comments on what i can do better.

#1
IMG_0972.jpg
[/IMG]

#2
IMG_0937.jpg
[/IMG]

#3
IMG_0952.jpg
[/IMG]
 
Wow, I really like these. I keep going back and forth between which one I like best, which I guess means I like them all. If I had to nitpick, I would say 2 and 3 have a little too muck sky for me anyway. Very nice colors.
 
Pano crop...lose a lot of the sky - add back water if you have it.
 
I like the comp but would try to tone down the highlights on the city. Second and third can do without as much sky, agreed on the pano crop.
 
I love them! Terrific shots! Can you please post the EXIF of these if possible?
 
Thanks for the input! Its interesting that u guys dont like too much sky, i thought that was the coolest part of the composition haha. Ive only got a 40mm f2.8 lens so its hard to frame the city proper without including loads of sky.

How would i get rid of the highlights of the city? Would someone be able to have a fiddle and explain how to do it?

Ill do a crop and post the exif data in the next few days as its new years eve here and things are about to kick off :)
 
I think placing the horizon at 1/3 of the frame will give a dramatic look to the shot. Moreover, there are branches of a tree at the bottom of picture 2 which draw viewer's attention and can be cloned out or removed by using "content aware" option of Photoshop. And as regards getting rid of highlights of the city try adjusting the pic by using "curves" option in photoshop.
 
Here are some different crops, I had a go at reducing the highlights of the city with curves but im a bit of a noob when it comes to that haha, i couldnt seem to get the highlights of the city down without adjusting the sky which i really like the color of.

Ive also posted Exif data for those interested

#1 Canon 6D, 40mm f2.8 STM, ISO 100 f10.0, 121 sec exposure
IMG_0972-1.jpg


#2 Canon 6D, 40mm f2.8 STM, ISO 100 f18 30sec exposure
IMG_0937-1.jpg


#3 Canon 6D, 40mm f2.8 STM, ISO 100 f2.8 5sec exposure
IMG_0952-1.jpg
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom