Auschwitz I

fightheheathens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Auschwitz concentration camp near Krakow Poland.
if you dont know, this was the death camp where people
were systematically murdered.
~ 1.5 million jews

window1small.jpg

auschwitzpostssmall.jpg

-both are HDR

I've never seen an HDR in Black & White before, interesting. Nice pictures, the window in the first pic reminded me of the smoke and smell you imagine from many holocaust books.. thanks for sharing.

Very powerful shots, knowing what they depict. The snow in the second one makes the location 'feel' even more bleak and hopeless.

Great job at capturing the feel of the place (or at least, the feelings I have thinking about it).

shot #1 doesnt really portray the title like shot #2, shot 2 is awesome !!

thanks, i've got about 700 more un edited shots of this place that will go up at various stages... I find it hard to edit them because they scream for black and white but i dont want to be so predictible...
strangly, i found auschwitz earier to see then Dachau (another concentration camp in germany)
maybe its because auschwitz is just so huge...like uncomprehensibly huge that some how its easier to see....As in the murder of one person is horrible but the murder of one million is to hard to comprehend.

I still dont know if i like the first shot...its grown on me, but seems to preversly happy for the place.

as far as the temp, it was -11C/12F that day....

I really like them both.....powerful, and incredibly sad.....very nicely done. I'd like to see more.

Re: the first one....obviously the colour is vibrant....but it still makes for an unsettling photo.

thanks, i've got about 700 more un edited shots of this place that will go up at various stages... I find it hard to edit them because they scream for black and white but i dont want to be so predictible...
I'd love to see more too,, I think somehow B&W fits that subject very well, dont worry about being predictable, I've always thought that those places would be so powerfully emotional and , hard to put into words, but the emotion you must feel when you visit a place like that,, such an unbelievable time in history and an unbelievable location, post up we wanna see for those of us who cant go there in person :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back