What's new

Auspicious

Not quite sure what I am looking at, but my first impressions are that this looks like a tourist snapshot of something you might see in a museum. The image is a bit fuzzy and the bottom appears to be cropped too closely.

WesternGuy
 
This is a ceremonial set up of Hindu functions like wedding engagement; actually this was the set up for my niece's engagement,recently held
Thank you Western Guy :D
 
Yes, i had to trim from the bottom because the carpet there was not well spread :D
 
Howdy Freq. There's something strange about this one. Like Western Guy says....fuzzy. It almost looks like a small crop from a larger frame. I also agree with the tourist snapshot comment. Sorry I can't give you more, but this doesn't seem up to your normal quality.
 
Last edited:
It feels very soft and maybe slightly motion blurred. Did you oversharpen it in post in an effort to compensate? There's a great deal of contrast in here as well. Maybe you shot it at very high ISO and then "de-noised"?

That said, it has.. *something*. I don't know if it's a good something. The odd soft/jittery/blurry/sharpened effect strikes me as working with the gold textures. It creates a sort of glittery gold-leaf covered garish look. Forgive me for this I hope, it will sound racist: Indian taste runs to a sort of Las Vegas garishness and over-the-top color/glitter/gold look that I think this image seems to capture some part of the essence of. To my ignorant American eyes, this feels inherently Indian, somehow.

What I *mean* of course is that to my relatively conservative american eyes, Indian taste *appears* over the top and garish and glittery and loud. I don't mean this as a negative judgement, I recognize that it is mere differences in taste and style and one is not better than the other.

There is also a strong element of tourist snapshot here as well, which has been noted ;) But a tourist snapshot of something deeply Indian, I feel!
 
I too, wasn't sure what it was other than ceremonial and to me it looked overly HDR'ed or something in the over the top processing range...sorry I didn't give it much more thought past that.
 
Howdy Freq. There's something strange about this one. Like Western Guy says....fuzzy. It almost looks like a small crop from a larger frame. I also agree with the tourist snapshot comment. Sorry I can't give you more, but this doesn't seem up to your normal quality.

It feels very soft and maybe slightly motion blurred. Did you oversharpen it in post in an effort to compensate? There's a great deal of contrast in here as well. Maybe you shot it at very high ISO and then "de-noised"?

That said, it has.. *something*. I don't know if it's a good something. The odd soft/jittery/blurry/sharpened effect strikes me as working with the gold textures. It creates a sort of glittery gold-leaf covered garish look. Forgive me for this I hope, it will sound racist: Indian taste runs to a sort of Las Vegas garishness and over-the-top color/glitter/gold look that I think this image seems to capture some part of the essence of. To my ignorant American eyes, this feels inherently Indian, somehow.

What I *mean* of course is that to my relatively conservative american eyes, Indian taste *appears* over the top and garish and glittery and loud. I don't mean this as a negative judgement, I recognize that it is mere differences in taste and style and one is not better than the other.

There is also a strong element of tourist snapshot here as well, which has been noted ;) But a tourist snapshot of something deeply Indian, I feel!

I too, wasn't sure what it was other than ceremonial and to me it looked overly HDR'ed or something in the over the top processing range...sorry I didn't give it much more thought past that.

Thank you Rick, Amolitor very much and ceeboy :D Actually this scene was not this golden; it was orangish... i made it this ornate :blushing:
...and it is very much true that India is Palette of colors.... Its all celebrations, ceremonies Gods, dances, movies- all are saturated with color.... probably i am also a happy victim of that tradition ;)

I had sharpened the image too

and as already mentioned trimmed too

Regards :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom