Auto Shoot: 2004 Subaru STI

Restomage

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just like to get some opinions! Did a shoot today with a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI.

4-2.jpg

2-7.jpg

_DSC0018copy.jpg

_DSC0020.jpg

6-3.jpg

7-3.jpg

1-5.jpg

5-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

10-3.jpg

Last edited:
i love cars great shots love the wide angles one the most

whatsup with the colors from $5 - ↑ ?

but yeah .. wide angles are awesome :D

clean looking car too ... apart from the dirt on teh bumpers :p

whatsup with the colors from $5 - ↑ ?

but yeah .. wide angles are awesome :D

clean looking car too ... apart from the dirt on teh bumpers :p
thats from going rallying. lol nice scooby bro looks real clean

#8 has bad CA. #10 Has really bad CA, prob from your pp. #10 is your best, it just shouts out to me, but I'd fix the ca and the details a bit behind the car.

the part I struggle with the most is that your whites are all over the place. Assuming #1 is pretty accurate many of the others have a distinct blue tint.

I like #1,10 the best, but in number 10 the background looks really funky on the right side (almost white, versus the left side...

#1: I love the colors and the sunset is a great touch. But, I don't like the use of the wide lens... gives a the car a really weird look.
#3. That's a good idea and a nice Photoshop.
#8. This is the only one I like with the wide lens. Although the colors seem a little off.
#10. The car looks great in this one but the background is distorted in the upper right.

There seems to be some issues with the color. There is a lot of blue tint in most of them... maybe bad camera settings?

1 is my favorite. nice wide angle.

top of the world, laguna beach?

#1 is the best. The rest, the shadows are just too strong for me.

#3: I would have gone with a much more even overlay of the engine bay. The same amount of hood left white on both sides.

Ugly car, great photographs!
I really like the colors and the wide-angled shot of the interior.

you're using UWAs improperly! But it's ok we're here to learn. Actually for that first shot thats beyond anything ive seen a uwa do in terms of distortion. What happened there? Whatever lens that is, don't use it again! Also the processing is harsh and just weird. :grumpy:

Ugly car, great photographs!
I really like the colors and the wide-angled shot of the interior.

How dare you! That is one clean sti, love it.

Hm.

Honestly? #10 was the only one I thought was decent, and I liked it, though the angle wasn't that great (you're standing up taking most of these, and oftentimes you want to get down low on auto shots)

There's too much to comment on, so let me give you some tips based off some general things I see "off"...

- Watch your lens distortion- there's quite a bit of it. Correct it or be aware of where your lens has issues and avoid it. (unless an artistic choice, which I don't think is the case with most of these)
- Get down! Don't take all your pictures from standing height... look for interesting angles and such, but be sure to get down to a crouch ( at least ).
- Watch for underexposure... in many of these the car is underexposed.
- Watch for uneven light... use flashes or off-camera lighting to bring out the car when the background or other elements are brighter.

I'm not an auto-photog, but I've seen a lot of pictures from them (as well as many brochures and mags since I'm into cars), but obviously you have a LOT of source material around on what makes a good car shot. Look and understand what those other folks have done... learn to emulate it... then learn to break all those rules and do it your own way.

My personal take.

Most reactions

Back