Automatic copying of pictures from the camera to the Windows PC

Domms

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Dear Sirs,
I would like to kindly ask if it is possible to automatically copy each new photo from my Canon 450D to my PC?

I would like every new photo taken to appear immediately in a folder on the PC.

Kind regards

I'm a Nikon shooter, but my guess is the process is very similar. I create a folder on my PC where I want to store the images, then connect the PC to my camera via USB cable. Turn on the camera and the PC should let you know the camera is connected. In File Explorer you should be able to see the camera. In my case I'll see it listed as Z9 or D850, ... Click on the camera and it should bring up the folders on your camera. Find the folder with your images. For me I see folders for raw images and jpg images. Then just copy them over.

The other method is to hook up a card reader to your PC via USB cable. The PC should tell you it recognizes the reader. Put your camera's memory card in the card reader and use File Explorer to find your images. Create a file for the images on your PC then copy them over.

Good Luck.

Also a Nikon shooter but according to this you can.

Canon EOS Utility 2.3 - Automatic or Manual transfer of images via WIA, also allows for the adjustment of camera settings and remote 'tethered' shooting.*

Most reactions

New Topics

Back