What's new

Autumn Pond

Roy Hubbard

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 31, 2009
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Location
Poconos
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went for a drive on Tuesday and decided to head to Hempstead Lake State Park to relax for a bit. I hadn't planned on doing any shooting but had my camera with me and brought it along. This pond was the first place I saw and I really wanted to photograph it. I got on my knees and leaned over further for a really low angle, composed the shot, set up my tripod, and suddenly the image of my case of memory cards sitting here on my desk entered my mind.

Needless to say I went back yesterday and got the shot :-P

689015263_Wmm8o-XL.jpg
 
I like this. I love the reflection in the pond.
 
I like the DOF and the soft focus, it really works in favor of the photo.
good job!
 
Thanks for the comments, I'm glad you like it!
 
I also like the softness of the photo, it works well with the subject you were shooting. I also like how you gave the photo a nice sense of perspective with the branches that frame the scene. The only thing I will nit pick, and its really minor, but your photo is slanted a few degrees to the right- notice how the water is slanted. But easily fixable- you can take it into gimp/photoshop and have it tweaked in no time.
 
Wonderful but leans to the right a bit too much for my liking. Great shot nonetheles.
 
Roy, this is a very nice and relaxing photo you got there. Nice work!
 
Thanks very much for the comments, all.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom