Avienne, Siren of VINTERSEA

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haven't logged in to this forum in a very long time. I thought I'd share some photos I took earlier this week of Avienne, the lead vocalist in a heavy metal band called VINTERSEA.

These were shot using my original Canon 5D with a Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro usm lens and a Canon 85mm f/1.8 lens, and lit using natural light and a silver reflector.
_MG_9899 fixed.jpg_MG_0159 fixed.jpg_MG_0130 copy.jpg_MG_0036 copy.jpg_MG_9865 copy.jpg

Well, look what the cat dragged in! :lol: Hiya, Dan!

Beautiful set. They're all good, and have their own personality. I love the precision of the one with the rose, but also the one with the tousled hair.

Beautiful girl! I bet she's thrilled with these.

Wow! I saw and liked one of these on Instagram recently but I think you only shared one or if there were more I missed them. I love the second to last one! So much movement and emotion. As usual you killed it.

I'm lured in by her beauty ... but, I sense the danger ................................................. must resist the siren and stay afloat.

Very nice set, well done!

Wow! I gave the Vintersea album Illuminated a listen. Incredible that voice goes with that face. Avienne describes the genre as "progressive melodic death metal," and when you hear the vocals and look at those pics above, it's just wow!

Well, look what the cat dragged in! :lol: Hiya, Dan!

Beautiful set. They're all good, and have their own personality. I love the precision of the one with the rose, but also the one with the tousled hair.

Beautiful girl! I bet she's thrilled with these.
Thank you. She and I (and her boyfriend who we roped into assisting us) are all very happy with these.

Wow! I saw and liked one of these on Instagram recently but I think you only shared one or if there were more I missed them. I love the second to last one! So much movement and emotion. As usual you killed it.
Thank you. Yeah so far I have only shared one of these on insta. Funnily enough my instagram following doesn't seem to respond well to anything I post that isn't an adonis in his underwear lol, so I may or may not be posting more of these there anytime soon.

I'm lured in by her beauty ... but, I sense the danger ................................................. must resist the siren and stay afloat.

Very nice set, well done!
Thank you. You'd be surprised by her music and singing voice; definitely not what you might be expecting.

Wow! I gave the Vintersea album Illuminated a listen. Incredible that voice goes with that face. Avienne describes the genre as "progressive melodic death metal," and when you hear the vocals and look at those pics above, it's just wow!
She's quite remarkable, isn't she?

You're right, she has quite the voice. The music sounds a lot like the crossover thrash my younger brothers grew up with in the 70s. My favorite they listened to a lot was SOD and MOD., "The Hate Tank, "A.I.D.S., etc. This is kind of funny to me but I found out years later when visiting one of my brothers that he/they were listening to a lot of Jeff Beck. I was a bit surprised because that's who I listened to when we all lived together. He explained to me that back then when I was away from the house he would secretly go into my room and listen to my Jeff Beck and became a JB fan. I was tickled, I thought they didn't care for the old mans music. (I was 7 yrs. older :wink-6:)

Excellent photos of a lovely engénue.

Most reactions

Back