Awwww Pleeeeeese?

Stormchase

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Having fun with some yard bugs. I going to find a better subject and work on the lighting. It was just a 55w soft white light up close to it. hence the under exposure. I have some reflectors that might help out next time.

*90mm tamron Macro
*1/20
*f3.5
*iso 100
*-.5 exposure
Thanks for lookin! I thought the name fit lol. Feel free to c&c

4677055604_94269e45a2_b.jpg

I think I have seen this movie :lmao:

Good shot :thumbup:

I love the pose in this shot - though it confuses me a little as so many of his legs appear so close together and don't appear to be gripping anything - is he perchance a not so lively bug anymore? Or just in a really unusual position?

Lighting wise I rather think the directional lighting works well in this, though I agree a little bit more just to highlight his other eye would have helped. Also you might want to increase your amount of diffusion - there is quite a bit of strong light on that chitchin armour there - a thing all insect photographers fight with.
However saying that you might find this thread here a really good read:
http://www.juzaforum.com/forum-en/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12151
http://www.juzaforum.com/forum-en/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12633

Overread kind of said what I was going to say. You need more light and you need softer light. If you are already getting hotspots on the eyes with the low amount of light than it will get really bad when you add enough light for proper exposure.

Lighting issues aside, good posing, composition, and focus/sharpness seems right on despite the large aperture.

great shot!

Yeah I dont even own a flash yet. For now my desk lamp is going to have to do lol. I have convinced myself to make that one of the next things to get. If i can a setup like the one Overread posted in his link. I dont know if I'll do the ring flash or not. I see pros and cons on both but two singles look to be the way i think.
Overread, thats a nice cheap diffuser. Good idea!

But is it a dead bug? I like him thought, nice focus.

Your threads want make me want to buy a macro lens more and more! Nice work.

Thanks everyone,
Yeah he is dead to be blunt. I just poped him in the freezer for a few minutes. It felt no pain! I dont like killing bugs but its the only way to do this type of shot. For me , right now, atleast. I was going to do more of a taxidermy pose but i couldnt find my superglue. I could have cleaned off its left eye a little bit as well but ...in time i guess. Im just dipping into this type of photography.

hahahaha you froze a bug for a photo.......that sir is AWESOME! LOL

Good shot. Knowing its dead and not alive on a tree KINDA takes away from the picture a little to me. But all in all a nice shot!

Let's lower our heads for a moment of silence for all of the creatures whom have made the ultimate sacrifice for our art.
rip.gif

Most reactions

Back