TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Mamiya 645 AFD

Quit my job and bought me one of these!

dsc3964edit.jpg

If I quit my job, will you send me one?

I bought it with a film back because I intend to run alot of Fuji 400H through it, along with some of my other favorite films like Pan F 50, Delta 100, Provia 100, Velvia 50, and the new Portra 400, but there's a place here in Portland for when I want to shoot digital with it, they got a P45 I can rent, clip on, and go. Works natively on the body.

I picked up my first roll yesterday of some TMAX 400 (it was the cheapest 120 film at Pro Photo) just to test and make sure the meter and everything mechanical was working smooth, shot a little bit on top of a parking garage then got it souped and it looks perfect.

I'm just super excited, I'm going to make this thing work for me. Weddings from now on I rekon will be shot on film. I've got alot of testing I need to finish, and i still need to find a lab that I gel with here, otherwise it's going to RPL in LA.

Isn't quitting a job and spending a boatload of money at odds with each other :) Very nice.
Not if you have more than one boatload of money. :thumbup:
I wouldn't say that i've got a boatload of money, but i've got enough where I don't have to worry about much for the next 2-3 months, even IF i didn't do any shooting (which will be impossible). It's just that i've been working full time for 8.50/hour at the Ritz here and I just about had it. I did a small, easy job this weekend for about 8 hours total that pays just as much as two weeks at ritz does. Ritz = work all the time/don't get paid jack/don't have time to do anything else outside of work unless it's before 9am, or after 8pm, or on a tuesday. You just cannot start a business with that little time. Not to mention, it really wouldn't take much to at least break even with what I did at ritz.

Can't use the IQ's on the AFD, you need at least an AFDIII or 645DF for those. No biggie for me, Clutch has the P45 and I can use a P65 on it too if I want, and if 65MP isn't enough, than...i dunno! Like I said though, I bought this mostly to shoot film with anyway.

Most reactions

Back