B&H bundle sale on EOS 6D and EOS 5D Mark III

LOL, christ this is brutal. Must resist, but such a good deal.

Do it...I just got my 6D w/ 24-105 today!!! UPS waited until the last possible second to deliver but I am not complaining too much since it was free shipping.

Awesome Joe--a new 6D and 24-105 L zoom!!! Who's gonna have a great weekend?????????? I think I know!!!!

Awesome Joe--a new 6D and 24-105 L zoom!!! Who's gonna have a great weekend?????????? I think I know!!!!

Bitter sweet Derrel...I have to work (12hr graveyard shifts) but I do get to go out and play with the nice low light capability on my breaks!:lol:

Sadly the 6d deal for $1999 is no longer available. I called at the end of last week and the price is back up to $2599 with the $400 mail in rebate. Still a great deal and I placed my order. Sadly the printer (that I dont even want) is out of stock and I'm waiting on that to arrive before they ship the rest of my order. Cannot wait to have my first serious dslr!

The 6D is a good deal. The Mark III deal is not. Still waiting for the 5d Mark III to come down to around the 2,000 dollar range. To me, the price point is bloated, especially compared to the competition.

For sheer imaging capabilities, I might eventually go with the D800 anyway.
$2000 for the Mark 3? Keep dreaming. The Mark 2's are coming back up in price used. Have you used the Mark III yet? For more then 24 hours? After you do come back and post.

$2000 for the Mark 3? Keep dreaming. The Mark 2's are coming back up in price used. Have you used the Mark III yet? For more then 24 hours? After you do come back and post.

I will keep the dream alive. The initial price point at $3500 is a money grab. Its a great camera for all-around purposes. Price point is swollen at this point. Give it a couple years and it will get down to mark 2 prices. Everyone who's buying it now is paying the "get it while its new" tax.

The 5D Classic premiered at $3499. It did not sell in big numbers. Then there was a price rebate. Eventually, the price was lowered to $3199. Then after another time interval, $2999. Then there was a series of rebates, interspersed with incremental lowerings of the retail price. Near the end of life of the 5D, the price was dropped to $2199, with occasional $1999 prices offered by various outlets to clear inventory. The current 5D-III pricing strategy has been used before. The 5D pricing strategy is not geared toward high volume sales numbers and wide,wide adoption. It is not a Digital Rebel, and the price structure is designed to maximize profit on low sales figures. Frankly, not all "that many" people have been able to afford a 5D of any iteration, and that's by design. When it's near the very end of its life, prices WILL come down.

Canon now has the new, low-cost, simple-body full-frame for this era:the 6D, which is what the original 5D and the 5D-II were: "simplified" FF bodies, with good sensors. The 5D III has been re-tooled and greatly beefed up, to compete with Nikon's mid-level FF price point offering the D800. Nikon's new management team wants to "sell more units" than the old crew, so the D800 is priced currently $703 less than the 5D-III.

Dealers need to make some profit. Canon needs to make some profit. People who want the low-cost Canon FF can buy the 6D, but the 5D-III is another animal.

The 5D Classic premiered at $3499. It did not sell in big numbers. Then there was a price rebate. Eventually, the price was lowered to $3199. Then after another time interval, $2999. Then there was a series of rebates, interspersed with incremental lowerings of the retail price. Near the end of life of the 5D, the price was dropped to $2199, with occasional $1999 prices offered by various outlets to clear inventory. The current 5D-III pricing strategy has been used before. The 5D pricing strategy is not geared toward high volume sales numbers and wide,wide adoption. It is not a Digital Rebel, and the price structure is designed to maximize profit on low sales figures. Frankly, not all "that many" people have been able to afford a 5D of any iteration, and that's by design. When it's near the very end of its life, prices WILL come down.

Canon now has the new, low-cost, simple-body full-frame for this era:the 6D, which is what the original 5D and the 5D-II were: "simplified" FF bodies, with good sensors. The 5D III has been re-tooled and greatly beefed up, to compete with Nikon's mid-level FF price point offering the D800. Nikon's new management team wants to "sell more units" than the old crew, so the D800 is priced currently $703 less than the 5D-III.

Dealers need to make some profit. Canon needs to make some profit. People who want the low-cost Canon FF can buy the 6D, but the 5D-III is another animal.

The 5d III is pretty great. The 6D will come down a fair bit too. The "fair" price, and the price I would pay for a mark III, is probably in the 2000-2399 range.

Remember, there have already been refurb deals on the 5d III in the upper 2000's. I think robin snagged one.

Expired deals:

Body only $2750

Best deal I've seen to date:
New 5d Mark III + 24-105 $3299

when factoring in the cost of the glass with this deal, you are easily in the low 2000's, which is where I think the 5D III should be anyway.

Just give it time and the Mark III will come down, or wait for deals like this. Buying it full price is like burning money, in my opinion. Buying it now, you're paying the "get it while it's new" tax.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back