B&H is closed!

I would like to throw in that I have dealt with B&H for years. Even when they were on w 17th street (or there abouts). They were so mean that eventually I stopped going there. They were in that location for "many,many,many years". Even then (in and around 1987) their prices were so good that you always had to stand on line. Oh yeah, the paper I work at has been using B&H for more than six years. Service from them is adequate and much more pleasent now that we do not actually have to deal with anyone face to face.

Your complaint is valid. The hang up stinks. The key to B&H is; buy in a manner that does not require speedy delivery. That is fully easier said then done. Needless to say there are a lot of other options these days.

I visited their mega store on w33rd street. On my yearly trip back. It was definetly overwhelming. I wonder if they are still closed on Saturdays.

Both B&H and Adorama think they have you over a barrel, and they really don't follow the standard accepted practices of decent customer service. Adorama has p:angry1:ssed me off too many times, so I refuse to deal with them anymore. B&H I only deal with when I have to. Freestyle carries 99% of what I need, they have always been very polite, quick to respond to emails, they don't close for weeks for religious reasons, and their regular ground delivery arrives days sooner than Adorama's and B&H's 3 day delivery.

I ran into the "On Holiday" problem with B&H recently. Luckily it was just for Rosh Hashanah and only lasted a few days. It did postpone me from getting what I ordered a few days. I'm no patient boy either. I don't really like B&H or Adorama much accept that they have all of that stuff!! I agree that the customer services sucks mudflys and they charge an arm and leg for S/H and they still take FOREVER to get you yer stuff but they always have what I'm looking for. "Always."<--(just like big blue. :lol: ) Freestyle is new to me and so is newegg. I'll give these guys a try next time.

How could you not know they were closed at this time? The first thing you see on their web site is their NOTICE that they will be closed during their hollidays. :roll:

paul rond said:
How could you not know they were closed at this time? The first thing you see on their web site is their NOTICE that they will be closed during their hollidays. :roll:

I understand; but let me paste what I initially wrote:

Last night I ordered a spare battery and a flash card thru B&H online. It was at the last moment that I got their message saying that they are closed till the 10th of October due to Jewish holiday and that my order will be processed and shipped only after the 10th! I would not have placed an order if I knew about this. They have the holiday notice on their site now. It was not there while I was ordering it last night.

I have already emailed them saying that I want my order to be cancelled. Do you know if they would cancel my order? If NO is the answer, can I have the items returned?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back