B&W...C&C please!

nickb98c

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a few shots from various places. Hows my exposure, and am I over doing the PP?

1.jpg

Evansville1copy.jpg

Marchforlifeplusrandom057copy.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

1 and 2 are a little more natural, and 3 has a good amount of photoshop work, which was the intent. 4 is slightly over exposed and the focus and dof need work.

Nick

Last edited:
1- the processing is ok, maybe a bit on the dark side, but thats a personal taste. I like the lines you managed to pull off. My only small nit pick (and again, personal taste) is that detail work in the middle left of the frame is slightly cut off by the frames edge. It breaks the flow of the lines in the image.

2- Great texture in the ground with the circular tracks, nice job. I would of liked to maybe see more of that and less of the detailless sky and blob of black trees.

3- I find the vignette is too strong. You could probably crop out the bottom brick wall part as its not too interesting and you already chose to darken it. Not sure I'm liking the halo around the top of the building while there is still a statue up there that you are putting in the dark

4- Way over processed IMO. The back part of the fence is cool, but that huge blob of white blow out is really distracting and its hard to enjoy the nice line of the fence with it there. Would of be a stellar shot without the over exposure

#4 is the only shot I find interesting. It is overexposed, and I don't like the focus point. I think it would be better if the first post was in focus and the background blurred, or if the whole fence was in focus, such as with a large f/number -- 16, 22, etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back