B&W C+C

burstintoflame81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I just learned a new technique for getting good Black and White conversions in CS4. While doing this, I have been going back through some old pictures that I never deleted but never cared for in their color form, or basic grayscale conversion. I figured I would toss this one up here. I am mainly looking for C+C on the B&W. Whether you think its too dark or too light etc. Thanks.

IMG_1617.jpg

I think it looks good! This picture may benefit from being a tad lighter, but the two would have to be compared to know for sure.

Overall its a pretty good shot, my suggestion would be to wait for the sun to set just alittle more and that will help out with the shadows and even out the light on the left side of the image on the rocks...

I opened up the image in my IP program. Even on the posted JPG, there is more than enough info in those shadows to recover detail. Maybe a bit of layer wizardry or a bit of burn would wake up the deep shadows without ruining the drama.

Yeah, its darker than it is. I could easily recover some shadow. I just kinda like the "dark blacks" look in B&W, but if I did too much it really took away a lot more detail. Was trying to find a happy medium. In terms of when this was shot, it was really just a spur of the moment shot not really perfectly planned in terms of time of day. I just was trying to make something out of it by doing B&W and maybe seeing it in a different light than what I was used to. Thanks for the feedback. I will try to lighten it up tomorrow and repost.

Most reactions

Back