B&W Field.

cs02rm0

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Would appreciate any feedback. Also I tried using an unsharp mask after I scaled the size down - does anyone know how to adjust the radius/amount/threshold for it so the effect isn't quite so strong?

field3cc.jpg

Hi
nice composition on this shot.
The contrast does seem a little high to me but It depends on what you were trying to achieve.The highlights do seem a bit burnt out especially the sky but that may be because of the high contrast setting.
Unsharp mask is a great tool but it can be over used.There is a fine line between enhancing the image and making it look unatural.There is far to much info to put here.
Try this link for a good brief explanation, and most of all just play around with it and experiment.

http://www.earthboundlight.com/phototips/unsharp-mask.html

Yeah, I'd say there is too much contrast but not by alot. A little less would look better. Nice composition though. And its not all bland like it could be with a field where there are few high and lowlights.

i like the framing of the shot with the leaves, i wish there were a few more on the top edge... i'm new to PS so your question is still beyond me, sorry!

Thanks guys, useful link Bob. The colour's pretty much pure white even in the original colour photo, so there wasn't much I could do about that.

I agree about the contrast, though I can't make my mind up whether it's under-cooked in this one or not... definately highlights the degree of contrast in the other one though.

bwfield29hn.jpg

I much prefer the second image.A nice range of tones from black to white, nice work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back