- Joined
- Dec 21, 2025
- Messages
- 3
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- At My Workstation
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone — I’d love some feedback from folks who shoot team/corporate headshots, or anyone for that matter.
I’m working on a small shift to my on-location team headshot sessions: I want to include one “hero” portrait for a key leader (CEO/partner/etc.) as part of every team session. Same day, same location, created alongside the headshots.
The client can choose the direction on-site once we see the space and light:
https://solarisstudios.com/team-headshots-included-upgrade/
My goal is to make the whole shoot feel a bit more “commissioned” than “scheduled,” and to give the company one standout image that lifts the rest of the set. And, I want to add additional value to my service / product.
And candidly, there’s a selfish reason too: I think doing one intentional portrait like this on every job will force me to get better at portraiture, off-camera flash, and creating a truly great image under real-world constraints. It also ensures I’m making work I’m proud of on a regular basis, not just cranking out consistent headshots.
On top of that, the offer creates the opportunity for additional licensing sales from the sessions.
What I’d love your thoughts on:
I’m working on a small shift to my on-location team headshot sessions: I want to include one “hero” portrait for a key leader (CEO/partner/etc.) as part of every team session. Same day, same location, created alongside the headshots.
The client can choose the direction on-site once we see the space and light:
- Executive portrait (clean, classic, versatile)
- Environmental/editorial portrait (more story-forward, in-context)
https://solarisstudios.com/team-headshots-included-upgrade/
My goal is to make the whole shoot feel a bit more “commissioned” than “scheduled,” and to give the company one standout image that lifts the rest of the set. And, I want to add additional value to my service / product.
And candidly, there’s a selfish reason too: I think doing one intentional portrait like this on every job will force me to get better at portraiture, off-camera flash, and creating a truly great image under real-world constraints. It also ensures I’m making work I’m proud of on a regular basis, not just cranking out consistent headshots.
On top of that, the offer creates the opportunity for additional licensing sales from the sessions.
What I’d love your thoughts on:
- As a buyer or a shooter, does this feel like real added value, or like a gimmick?
- Would the phrasing “included upgrade” confuse you (since upgrades are usually optional/paid)?
- Any red flags operationally (time creep, expectations, decision fatigue, etc.)?
- If you were packaging this, would you keep it included, or make it an add-on?