roentarre

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hisdailyphoto.blogspot.com.au
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$2177219022_fb530144b8_z.jpg

A photo taken without planning. But I like it :)

I really love the portrait but I like images with a lot of contrast and structure in them. Its a nice photo.

Nice compo with interesting balance of light and shadow, but too harsh for face of young women. She looks sickly and the streak of light on the left cheek does not help.

timor said:
Nice compo with interesting balance of light and shadow, but too harsh for face of young women. She looks sickly and the streak of light on the left cheek does not help.

Maybe that's what he wants her to look like...

I like it, her expression is sly and mysterious which goes well with the harsh b+w

I like the drama of the harsh contrast. It pulls you into the picture and make you wonder what's she's thinking.

I agree with timor that this isn't a flattering likeness. My biggest problem is that there is no detail in the forehead and much of the nose. Even if the photographer wanted an unflattering high-contrast look, high contrast should not equal large areas with no detail. The image is simply overexposed. This too could be an artistic choice I suppose, but I don't really see why this image is better than one which preserved some texture in those areas.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back