What's new

SD1000-Reawakened

F.O.V.94 94

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Top Poster Of Month
Joined
Jul 8, 2026
Messages
989
Reaction score
1,449
Location
California USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Reawakened my SD1000 today. Been 9years since it saw the light of day. Original battery charged up in a couple of hours, camera fired up and I reset settings. Calendar/time remembers my input settings. B&W trial tomorrow around the gardens.. 🍻
IMG_5233.webp
 
Last edited:
Nice. Unsure quite how the compact form factor got shelved. They made a comeback when Fuji and Ricoh shoe-horned APS-C sensors behind quality optics. Old PowerShots have a cult following now as "mid-fi"image-makers. I have a couple old Windows/Nokia phones I still pack along just for their cameras. Reading this trend, I guess it's a matter of fatigue using a phone as one's only image maker. I love hi-end p&s cameras for what I like to shoot. It's that vacationing "Darth Vader" look--big DSLR/big bag--I dropped for small, fast and light. I will lug medium format tonnage when it suits but only for events or formal sessions. Happy the Canon revived.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom