Amazing catch, does this happen often?
I would love to see the colour version.

Where did you catch this shot? Can't wait for summer to get here haha

Yes it was very "neat"

Beautiful!

Thank you

Amazing catch, does this happen often?
I would love to see the colour version.

Every Winter if conditions will allow ( winds and water spray) Check out my Lighthouse section on my website,color versions there.

WOW is that all ice ? amazing

LOL.... Yes indeed its ice

Wow, really neat! Makes me cold just looking at it. Burrrrrrr.

Thank you ,its definitely cold .

Where did you catch this shot? Can't wait for summer to get here haha

Benton Harbor Michigan

I kind of expect ice to be white, instead of gray.

Gray snow or ice is a hallmark of a photo that is underexposed. The camera's light meter is calibrated on the assumption most scenes have an average reflectance equal to 12% to 18% gray.
So when there is a lot of white in a scene, some + Exposure Compensation has be be dialed in.

Since you don't allow edits I can't take the photo into ACR to determine exactly how much it is under exposed, but I would estmate it's 0.5 EV to 0.7 EV under exposed.

I kind of expect ice to be white, instead of gray.

Gray snow or ice is a hallmark of a photo that is underexposed. The camera's light meter is calibrated on the assumption most scenes have an average reflectance equal to 12% to 18% gray.
So when there is a lot of white in a scene, some + Exposure Compensation has be be dialed in.

Since you don't allow edits I can't take the photo into ACR to determine exactly how much it is under exposed, but I would estmate it's 0.5 EV to 0.7 EV under exposed.

I appreciate your offer to take my image into ACR ,but I am well aware of what I did in taking this picture and the way I processed it . I kinda like the way it turned out.:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back