B&W Lines

saw this on flickr yesterday, really nice.

Oooooh very nice! Love the structure on the left entering the way it does. I have an urge to see the top of the building though and would have favoured getting that in the frame, rather than the bottom part of it. That and you need to clean your sensor lol.

This is really good work Ron. What would you think of a slightly tighter crop. Carefully cropping the top and bottom of the 'scraper to give the illusion of no beginning or end?

Rick, I think this is what you are talking about? I cropped just a little and I straightened the building to allow more of it in.

2-7 photowalk-47-Edit-2.jpg

Actually Ron, I liked your lines, I was just thinking of clipping the top and bottom ofthe Sky Scraper
Rons-Scraper_zpsmgm50hqk.jpg

Very nice position to make this shot. Your color shot with the bridge looks more like the standard, while this shot really shows more than just another building with the sculpture placed very nice into the side. I also like the conversion and processing in B&W, I guess you added some grain back as I don't think the ISO 400 would give that kind of noise.

I like the crop Rick has done here. It gives the image a more abstract feel because at first glance (and preferably without seeing the original first) it's not apparent as to what you're looking at.

Very nice position to make this shot. Your color shot with the bridge looks more like the standard, while this shot really shows more than just another building with the sculpture placed very nice into the side. I also like the conversion and processing in B&W, I guess you added some grain back as I don't think the ISO 400 would give that kind of noise.

Thank you. You are correct, the Silver Efex Pro added back in the grain.

I like the crop Rick has done here. It gives the image a more abstract feel because at first glance (and preferably without seeing the original first) it's not apparent as to what you're looking at.

I agree and am working on the update to make this one the image. Thanks @Rick58

Nice. I would crop the one you originally posted on the right and bottom to eliminate anything that is not part of the buildings (trees and tiny piece of another building in the lower right). I think it would have more impact that way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back