What's new

B&W Model Car Shots - C&C please!

G. Ike

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 29, 2008
Messages
145
Reaction score
1
Location
Mount Bethel, Pennsylvania
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,
I've posted this elsewhere on the forums, but haven't gotten many responses. I figure I would try at least one more time. I just got my new camera a few days ago. It's a Fuji FinePix S700/S5700. These were shot manually, and I think numbers 3 and 4 are slightly too dark, but I was wondering your opinions on the group. Any constructive criticism or praise would be great! The subject is a model of a 1953 Chevrolet Corvette. Thanks in advance!

George

1.
2877054463_a48950f1e5.jpg


2.
2877047511_37131025af.jpg


3.
2877876698_8d19c0fe58.jpg


4.
2877873514_438b48d37d.jpg
 
Your right, the lighting is a little dark in 3 & 4. I like the lighting and the black and white.

However, I find the wood grain "floor" kills the images! The car seem almost real, and then the grain reminds you that it is a model. It also makes me think that you just happened to shoot the car while it was on your desk, even though I see through your angles and such that thought was put into the photos... I hope you get what I'm saying, I'm kind of rambling... :P

I think that if you could reshoot with a solid black or white background, the results would have more impact.
 
Actually, the car was just on a desk and I took a photo and then decided to get creative. Perhaps I should try reshooting with a white background. I took a few quick shots with a piece of white computer paper down and here is one of the better ones:
2883541687_87b453b366.jpg


The lighting is slightly different. Does the shadow defeat the purpose of the white background? I think I'll put more effort into it tomorrow morning, but what do you think of the white background now?
 
No, the shadow's fine!
I think it looks much better without the wood grain. This looks more like photography, whereas the others looked more like snapshots of your model car - which is fine if that's what you want! This new one looks classy.
 
Thank you! I'm so new to this but I already love it. I just hope the upgrade bug doesn't bite as quick as it does with cycling-- I cant afford it ;)
 
it's classic and nice..
 
Haha, no problem! I'm new to this too... And goodluck with that upgrade bug. It's gotten me already!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom