B&W Self Portrait

KaleyEs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got a flash so I was playing around with lighting... C&C please. I know the head is cropped but I was going for a slightly different look...

portraitbw2.jpg

I don't really mind the head cropping, I actually like your compostion. I use this composition a lot myself, but have been critisized for it.

Only thing being, that I think you can push this farther in PS with some levels and curves adjustment. I'd like to see your eyes dodged and sharpened a tad. Make this pop. Good shot.

I like it as well. I know a lot of folk say that chopping the top of your head off shouldn't be done, i think it can add a lot to a photo.

I like the expression, too.. looks like you've been caught by surprise, but, you took the photo lol.. how do you do that?

Nice shot KaleyEs. You might find the 18-200VR lens a bit soft, its a common complaint-I had one, helps if you go into filters and your camera and set to Vivid. Good expression.

thanks guys...

and thanks Renair... i have found the lens to be a bit soft... i've tried switching it to vivid but it doesn't seem to make too much of a difference... i'm thinking about grabbing an 18-70 as a smaller carry around lens... a bit sharper and lighter

I like it. I didn't find it to be too soft. And I agree with the first reply, kellylindsey, that you should push it a bit further in post-processing. I think you can turn this 'good' shot into a 'great' shot.

thanks for all the replies guys!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back