B&W Weather conversion

Onerider

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Cumberland Plateau, Tennessee Misplaced Texan
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did a B&W conversion on the weather image I posted last night. What do you think, did I blow it?
$Weather.jpg

If you wanted a B&W photo than you did blow it. It's not black and white. :D What did you do conversion with? I usually open the photo in Photoshop, press D (so it defaults the foreground and background colors to black and white), than put a new layer -> gradient map on the photo.
This would be B&W version of your photo, which I pretty much like:

images

If you wanted a B&W photo than you did blow it. It's not black and white.

If you have ever spent any time in the dark room toning prints or worked with any alternative processes like cyanotypes you will understand hat the term B&W is often used in reference to any monotone image.

I do like the blue it adds a certain somber mood to the image. However ti do think that the blue could be toned down a bit.

If you wanted a B&W photo than you did blow it. It's not black and white.

If you have ever spent any time in the dark room toning prints or worked with any alternative processes like cyanotypes you will understand hat the term B&W is often used in reference to any monotone image.

Good to know. I like shooting film, but I didn't have the chance to work in dark room.
However, since we're talking digital here, I'd stick with my opinion. :)

Good to know. I like shooting film, but I didn't have the chance to work in dark room.
However, since we're talking digital here, I'd stick with my opinion. :)

Then please explain why "digital" cyanotype and sepia tone filters are always found in the B&W category.

Ok. I was trying to capture the blue/black of the clouds and shadows. I will try it another way. I guess that would fall into selective coloring and I know that goes over like a lead brick. Thanks for the suggestions.

Most reactions

Back