julie32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.juliestarkphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey there,

i've tried a ton of different techniques in CS2 to fix these terrible dark circles. Can anyone offer some techniques? I apparently am no good with the healing brush or the clone tool when the coloring is this bad under her eyes....

Thank you.

Attachments

• $aw.jpg
    $aw.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 242
  • $aw1.jpg
    $aw1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 164
  • $aw2.jpg
    $aw2.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 186
In CS3, create a new layer, with the color pallete, sample a part of her skin that looks good, and paint that color under her eyes. Set the layer to screen and change the opacity, repeat until desired:

awcopy.jpg

Nicely done, Sw1tchFX! You know how to fix a photo with a switch, eh? Looks still quite natural, and yet, much of the dark patches under the eyes are gone. Not all vanished, but ... better!

There are several different ways this can be done. Here I created a new layer and then used the dodge tool to lighten up those areas, and then adjusted the opacity of the new layer. For the deep dark ridges I created another layer and used the clone tool again adjusting the opacity of the brush and layer. Brightened her eyes a little bit and did a little skin smoothing. By the way, I really like the diagonal lines in the background, nice photo.

aw2_c.jpg

I apparently am no good with the healing brush or the clone tool when the coloring is this bad under her eyes....

It is important when using the clone tool to pay attention to the hardness of the brush and the opacity, and always work in a new layer so you can adjust.

One more since it has not been done yet. I used the same techniques as mentioned above.

aw1_c.jpg

I like to use the clone tool set to color mode to get rid of any discolouration, then attack the shape/texture problems.

Also, remember that another way of using the healing brush is the 'patch tool'. That sometimes works better.

As mentioned, always do this on a new/separate layer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back