babies

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to a wedding this weekend and these kids were there. They were cute. So I took some pictures.

I'm guessing this is on too much of an angle. But I like it anyhow.
gaigebench.jpg

babymommy.jpg

babypiddle.jpg

I hate how these look in photobucket. The light ones look too light and the darker ones always look too dark. They dont print like that or look like that on my flickr or my computer, does anyone else notice this about theirs?
Also anyone know where I can get frames to put on them for online viewing? My program doesnt offer anything but that beveled sstuff.

Last edited:
Great captures kathi. A couple of things I noticed though.

#1, I like the angle, may be a little too angled, and his hands are cut off, but the color and focus is really good.

#2, Good, but needs more contrast. Looks like there is a halo around her head, maybe from the effect of using shadow/highlight mask?

#3, Better. I like the blue and green in the background from the water. Nice angle and perspective.

#4, Nice sepia tone. Maybe a little too much noise though.

#5, Cute, but the white vignette is a little distracting to me, but on the other hand, makes it a nice sweet moment.

#6, Good color and focus. Sharp. Again, the water color is cool. But the hands are cut off again.

#7, Nice capture of the yawn. Looks like some motion blur, but still, good capture.

NJ

Thanks for your comments, you're very helpful.
Yes the first one is too angled.
I need a better editing program in the worst way! I only have limited tools and even those dont give you very many options as far as the opacity and the size of the tool. I was able to use photoshop once and I would beat someone up to get it for myself and I'm not at all like that. lol
I sont know where everyone gets their different frames. Photoshop I guess? Wonder if Elements would be worth it for me. Is much cheaper than the whole thing. I was just so sick of useing that black frame on everything that I tried the white but its still beverled (sigh) :)

I havent checked the price of PS Elements lately, but I think you can get an older version for $100 or less.

You really need photoshop though IMO. Get version 7. As I have seen from other posts in these forums, it is very reasonable at discount software warehouse sites, now that CS3 is out. PS 7 has pretty much all the tools you need if you dont want to invest in the current version.

As for frames, that is nothing more than downsizing your photos a little bit in PS and then adding a Stroke to the outside. You can also draw some nice lines and squares inside, which adds some nice style to your frame. There are a few different ways you can do it actually. Experiment and be creative.

NJ

Most reactions

New Topics

Back