Baby Abby

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a 6 month shoot of Abby. I did her newborn shoots a little bit ago (I guess it would have been 6 months ago ;D)

The colors look really washed out here . . . (that's my disclaimer)

3025516423_94a04064f7.jpg

3026347724_972581871e.jpg

3025515641_6f51d08d02.jpg

3025515863_68a68f6d9c.jpg

3025515443_5fa9820975.jpg

3025516043_eff95f0c7a.jpg

enjoy!

What's with that bow on her forehead? It looks totally out of place to me in each and every photo, like an injury even.

Trying to completely disregard that bow, I think the last two are the best of the series (in my very humble point of view).

Caught some great expressions, nice job. But technically they look flat to me no depth to the photos and the bow is really bothering me also.

Not to be harsh but that bow is basically ruining what would otherwise be really cute and creative shots.

Nice work but yeah. Bow. Gota go.

4 is my favorite.

....minus the bow.

I'm sure the bow wasn't your placement, but yikes. Love the expression and shot of #5, and #6 is a cute set up. Like you I think there is something wrong with the coloring. #2 is a cute idea but I'm drawn more to the stuff than to the baby. Personally I'm a fan of less stuff, more baby, but that is just me.

It is always great to see your pictures. Keep posting :)

I think 3, 4, and 5 would look great in black and white.

ahhh... the ol' baby-in-a-bucket.

I believe there's been enough said about the bow. I have to tell ya though... I've had mothers do anything and everything short of staples to get a freakin' bow in a toddler's "hair."

I find the third view to be the money shot.

I do agree with mooney101 about the lighting. Something more directional would be a plus.

Cute kid!

-Pete

so, the bow thing . . . yeah, I agree! So, mom comes in, I see something like this, do I say "hey, lets lose the bow!"? I thought about suggesting we do a few without the bow, but usually when you take those things off, there's a huge red mark!

What is the "okay" thing to do here, just leave it.

yes and no on the photoshop thing. I could photoshop it out, and if they do like it better, I'm stuck photoshoping 50 bows out of 50 photos. NO THANKS! :)

yes and no on the photoshop thing. I could photoshop it out, and if they do like it better, I'm stuck photoshoping 50 bows out of 50 photos. NO THANKS! :)

Hey... work is work. Even with a discount for the amount of work... say... an average of $20/image.... that's a pretty nice order! But I've found that people don't like things quite as much when they have to pay. They usually find they can do without if it's on their dime.

Besides... do you really think they'll want to print all 50?

-Pete

Just a suggestion here, in the "bucket" photos, maybe a blue or green towel or blanket (in the place of the white one) would have helped the washed out look?

My babies had no hair either at this age but I would have never stuck a bow on their forehead, LOL, some people are just strange.

so, the bow thing . . . yeah, I agree! So, mom comes in, I see something like this, do I say "hey, lets lose the bow!"? I thought about suggesting we do a few without the bow, but usually when you take those things off, there's a huge red mark!

What is the "okay" thing to do here, just leave it.

I would suggest a headband bow instead.

heheheheheheh about the bow issue. that's the first thing I thought when I saw the pics.
maybe next time just say, "I'd like to try a few without the bow just to have some more variety." That might sound better than suggesting it might be "distracting" or something. I think most clients are more than willing to try photog's suggestions.

disregarding the bow...3&4 are really cute. I think 3 will be a hit with the mom because mom's like nothing better than seeing their babies smile. :)

Most reactions

Back