Baby bump pics c&c

olliejburton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everybody. I'm new here and thought i'd post my first attempt at baby bump pics - what do you think and what can I do better?

Thanks for the comments in advance.

For a first attempt, they're not bad at all. As for what you could do better? Number one, IMO, would be to avoid cliches. Selective colouring and the 'heart of hands' are both very tired, very over-used devices. When using selective colour, it should be used to draw the eye to something. Why do you want us to look at the flower instead of the mother to be? I would also try and step back further; remember that there's a lot more to a pregnant woman than a distended belly. Try and capture her face and expressions. I like the use of the child, consider having the mother and child in a 'waist-up' composition.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I'm with tirediron on this one. Not bad at all, but I really want to see more of mom than just her belly. This is her story. She should be in it.

I do find the flower a distraction, but it accomplishes one thing: it keeps moms hands tight and feminine. Mom's hand looks as masculine as Dad's in the first shot. It would look a lot better if she'd closed up her fingers & thumb.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back