Baby on a stack of towels

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Would love CC!!!

I know it's kinda cliche, but I've never done it before so I asked a girl at my moms group at a playdate at my house today if I could try it. Lesson: This would work better for the following things to happen:
baby is like FRESH out of the womb and not 7 weeks old.
towels are high quality, and all match.

Other than those lessons learned, these are what I got. CC much much much appreciated!

1. (wink ;) )
IMG_3298.jpg

IMG_3298bw.jpg

IMG_3303.jpg

IMG_3303bw1.jpg

IMG_3305.jpg

IMG_3305bw.jpg

I think if you put 3-5 more watermarks on each one...

I kid.

I don't think the desaturated/bws work for this. The colors are good in the color shot and I really like #3. #1 is definitely gas.

I think you did real well on these I have not taken photos like this yet but i will be in july when my best friend has her baby , for being a 7 week old this pose turned out quit well for you ,all though I like it better in b&w and color more then any . But Great job

Thanks guys! I love the first in color, but prefer the 2nd and 3rd in b&w.

(sorry for the watermarks btw.. just necessity until I get my own design)

I do think the watermarking is somewhat overkill and makes it a little distracting to assess.

Nice shots, particularly in B&W. I think the expression in the middle two is perhaps the less appealing - a little more vacant, with the other two (top and bottom) showing more character.

who cares if its cliché, if it helps build a suitable portfolio then it doesnt matter
2 has the elvis lip lift LOL

I think lighting is great on these, maybe a little bit to much reflection in the top eye, but apart from that GREAT

LOL! I found the Elvis lip awesome - but now I also see the rodney dangerfield reference too! Too funny. The mom said "He looks like a little old man with all that hair" haha. She chose the 3rd one as her favorite... Its so funny how varied my personal preferences are from the people I shoot.

Kelly, I hate to say it but these are not up to your usually great standards. To my jaundiced eye the baby looks uncomfortable I tend to agree that the baby is too old for this particular pose. I do think the be are better. Try moving the baby a little more onto the towel so the head does not hang over. I have tried to come up with something positive to say, but dang it these just don't quite make the grade. Maybe it because I was in the hospital for a week and an still out of sorts.
I am looking forward to seeing your nest posting.
Judge Sharpe

I like them, I agree the head moved in would be good and maybe the baby's shirt off would have looked a little better. just a thought. But i think they are cute. :)

Most reactions

Back