What's new

Baby shoes :) C&C please :)

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 8, 2010
Messages
1,601
Reaction score
15
Location
Elkton, MD
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, so not quite baby shoes, but they are only a size 6 in toddler sizes... my 3 year old is tiny!

So I was just playing around (with my mom's permission since I don't have my camera yet... it will be here wednesday!) with my mom's tamron 18-200mm lens and some different settings and shooting modes... I seem to be okay either in aperture or shutter priority, but once I put myself in manual, I end up getting all kinds of black!... Yup, i suck... yup, I'm getting the book "Understanding Exposure" :)

Anywho, I just wanted to see what you all think... I know they aren't great, but this was my fave from my "shoe shoot" :)

I played with hues, saturation, contrast, and I cropped it a little... Overall, I think this is definitely an improvement (besides the fact that it isn't anything really interesting to anyone who doesn't know that these are Caleb's favorite shoes!) :)

Original:
babyshoesoriginal.jpg


Edit:
babyshoes.jpg


Unfortunately, my exif viewer sucks (I use google chrome... anyone know of a good one? I couldn't tell you what one I have... The first one that comes up when you google exif viewer for chrome) and won't give me my settings on this pic... Grr. lol

I do know that it isn't "awesomely" in focus or anything... I don't have a tripod so I had to kind of brace my hands and the camera against my leg and the floor to keep it steady :/
 
adjust your white balance, and maybe try to clone out some of the hair. (im assuming dog or cat hair)
 
They don't do anything for me, mainly because they are not focused. Not wild about the edited version, I highly recommend a tripod, even if its a cheap $20 one.
 
Original:


Here you go, I gave it a little editing try...


I noticed the focal point was in the center of the shoe, I would've probably stepped it down a bit and focused on the front of the shoe personally, never really shot shoes though lol so I dunno
 
Last edited:
As I am a newbie, I offer my cc with out tech support. The shoes do nothing for me. All the brown is not appealing, especially the background... I will suggest B&W as a possibility.
jorge
 
White balance is off. DOF is too shallow. Looks like your shutter speed was probably too long as the part that is in focus isn't too sharp either. It could use some contrast as well I think.
 
I kinda agree with myvinyl.. Throw one in b&w and play around with that, may help
 
Nope, please try again....


Sincerely, me.

Lol. Thanks dominantly :)


;)
Anytime!

If you need help with lighting(white balance) and settings, let me know.

Lol will do :) I just got my xsi today :) I am going to be posting my Grr face shortly... Not for C&C, but just because I said I would in one of my previous threads...

I do have another pic that I am getting ready to PP ... It is a Christmas ornament from the tree at my work (it stays put together in a storage room in the back all year) :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom