Baby spiders

The photo is wonderful; the subject? Eek! Not so much. Lol :blushing:
Where did u find these lil guys?

Eek is right. More DOF would have made it much much better.Actually looking at it in full image it looks OOF. I am sure the trained more experience eyes will come along and see what they think.There is some spider peeps in here I could think of that may chime in.

Thanks. They are nested on a web at my front door. I do agree more dof would be better, in fact I couldn't really make a good shot out of it, but I still thought the subject was interesting. They are in 2 kind of balls of spiders so even a small aperture wasn't allowing enough in focus, and even if I wanted to try to focus stack they are all moving a little so it wasn't an option. I might try again with a point and shoot as the dof should be more with that

It almost looks like the camera locked focus on the webs.Anyway I still like the shot regardless I hate spiders.

Where's the mama is the question? 0_o
Bigger eek!

Sweet! I just wish there was more DOF / Sharpness!

I need some hairspray and a lighter...

Where's the mama is the question? 0_o
Bigger eek!
I just went outside to see their progress and they are mostly gone. Makes me think I may not be sleeping alone tonight:grumpy:

I just went outside to see their progress and they are mostly gone. Makes me think I may not be sleeping alone tonight:grumpy:

Oh my!

i shudder at the mere thought. That might make for a very interesting photo however. ;)

Last edited:
Nice shot of the babies...and I also agree eeek

Nice shot! I see you are in Ireland. I just found the same type of spiders, at the same life stage, on a jade plant on my deck this morning on Long Island, New York. I wasn't sure what they were until I saw your great photo, so I sprayed them off with a hose. I wonder if people in other parts of the world are noticing them also. (Alien invasion?) I'm going to see if Netflix has Arachnophobia available . . .

Nice shot! I see you are in Ireland. I just found the same type of spiders, at the same life stage, on a jade plant on my deck this morning on Long Island, New York. I wasn't sure what they were until I saw your great photo, so I sprayed them off with a hose. I wonder if people in other parts of the world are noticing them also. (Alien invasion?) I'm going to see if Netflix has Arachnophobia available . . .
Pay back time,Just wait until moma comes looking for babies.Fangs out attack mode.:madmad:

Eeeeeek! Thats so cool, I'd certainly be freaked out if I saw those.

Most reactions

Back