What's new

Back after almsot 4 years :) Some photos from Assateauge Island

just x joey

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
946
Reaction score
1
Location
Ocean City, MD
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wow. I havent posted on here in forever! Decided to really dive back into photography. Sold off my dusty DSLR gear (had a d80, d90, then d7000 for a few months) and bought a Olympus OM-D EM-5 with 45mm 1.8 lens.

Here's a few shots i took yesterday evening when i had about an hour to explore Assateague Island National Seashore.

Assateage-at-sunset.jpg


shell-in-sand.jpg


broken.jpg


pitted.jpg


Now excuse me while i update my signature :) You can view these and more at Flickr: Joey D. Smith's Photostream and Joey D. Smith | Graphic Designer, Web Developer, Photographer, Marketeer
 
Really dig the first one. Really great use of dof and it's just bokehlicious! Welcome back man.
 
Really dig the first one. Really great use of dof and it's just bokehlicious! Welcome back man.

Thank you! It's great to be back. I really dig the firs shot as well :) I ordered a large matted print today from Snapfish.com.
 
I am terrifically impressed by #1, #2 and #3 ; yours is a celebrated comeback indeed ;)
 
I just sold all my DSLR gear and have been on the fence on whether or not to purchase the OMD and seeing these picks makes me want to go ahead and buy one. I see you used the 45 lens. Do you own or know anyone that owns the PanaLeica 25 that they pair with the OMD? I have pretty much set my mind on the OMD, but am up in the air on the lens (prime).
 
I just sold all my DSLR gear and have been on the fence on whether or not to purchase the OMD and seeing these picks makes me want to go ahead and buy one. I see you used the 45 lens. Do you own or know anyone that owns the PanaLeica 25 that they pair with the OMD? I have pretty much set my mind on the OMD, but am up in the air on the lens (prime).

I have heard there are issues with the pannasonic lenses. I would get the 45 1.8 to start... although it is a little long. I thought i'd want something wider, but it seems im lusting after something longer now... If i were to get a wide lens i'd shop for the brand new 17mm from olympus.

I'm one of those guys that likes to use brands with brands, tho i do wish those cheaper panny's didnt have as many issues as ive read about them...
 
They are amazing .. especially 1st one is a bomb..
 
If you have ideas for new topics for this forum, or you just believe there are needs for certain threads to have their own section, please post your suggestions here.

We will be happy to expand the forum with new categories as needed!

Thanks for the kind words.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
 
No wild horses?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom