Back from Hawaii - (Large Image Warning)

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey gang. As the title suggests, I'm back from Hawaii. Here are some of my favs that I've had time to edit.

Please check my flickr site for smaller sized ones.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattperko/

big_one.jpg

bw-beach.jpg

sepia_beach_print.jpg

ko_olau_mountains.jpg

pacific_coast.jpg

pacific_sunrise.jpg

hawaii_kai_sunrise.jpg

Fantastic series and lucky you for going.

Some funny vertical lines in #3 on my monitor.

I'm really liking #6.

Well done on all.

Thank you both for your kind commets.

kundalini, #3 has an intentional texture to it. The vertical lines are to simulate the print being on a scroll. I hope it will translate better in print. After spending 10 days in a mostly Asian culture, with a heavy Japanese influence, it's hard not to be inspired by it. That, and spending a day at the Honolulu Arts Academy viewing amazing traditional Asian art :)

Thanks again.

kundalini, #3 has an intentional texture to it. The vertical lines are to simulate the print being on a scroll. I hope it will translate better in print. After spending 10 days in a mostly Asian culture, with a heavy Japanese influence, it's hard not to be inspired by it. That, and spending a day at the Honolulu Arts Academy viewing amazing traditional Asian art :)

Thanks again.

ah. and here i was thinkin it was rain...

Beautiful pictures. What island were you on? I went to Kuai over the summer, and left my 2 gig memory card there. It was rather unfortunate. I only have 3 or 4 good pics from the entire trip.

Thanks Chris. These are all from Oahu. How did you end up leaving your 2g card there? Just forgot to pack it? We had a late flight out (11pm) so we had all day to pack and make sure we had everything. Living out of a suitcase sucks.

Thanks again.

Ahhhh. The print will surely be much better to your interpertation. Thanks for the explanation.

This is a gorgeous series! I really dig the texture in #3, it gives a great feel overall. The drama in the other photos is fantastic, rich colors and great lighting. :thumbsup:

Jaw dropping stuff, all of 'em! But my eyes keep coming back to the last one...the purply-blue colour of the swirling waters in the foreground next to the pink of the sky (reflected also in the water) just makes me drool.

#5 is my favorite followed closely by #2

On number three I knew it was an effect once I saw it, I guess I'm the only one? Haha.

Wow your photos are stellar, seeing these types of pictures make me feel bad about mine!

If I had to pick one photo out of all your pics I would have to choose the last one. The mixtures of pink, red, light blue, navy blue, and purple is great!

Awesome stuff!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back