Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Back in the English Lake District:

On my way up Loughrigg again, looking towards High Street

Pentax 645D FA 120mm f/16

High Street from Loughrigg by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Having run out of battery power rather too often on long exposures, I got hold of a battery pack and bought a Pentax AC adaptor (although why Pentax charge £140 for this when they sell it in US for $100 makes me a bit niggled). My first attempt at dusk completely overexposed on a 35 minute exposure, and bulb work is often hit and miss which made me grateful for the battery pack! I messed up this shot by kicking the tripod in the last 10 minutes of a 45 minute exposure, but found it interesting how rather than being lit by the moon rising over Loughrigg fell, it could easily have been an afternoon shot:

Pentax 645D FA 33 - 55 at f/9.5 33mm and 45 minutes ISO 400

night or day by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Along the valley there is a tree that always interests me. The tree is dead but has hatched another tree within its bark. I wanted to use 2 Pentax 540 flashes to isolate the tree but the area around it was completely waterlogged so I had to content myself with my fairly bright torch. This was my test shot, to check focus as it was pitch dark and AF wouldn't function.

Pentax 645D FA 75 @ f/11 30 secs, ISO 1600

crooked tree in Langdale after dark by singingsnapper, on Flickr

I then took the main shot, and here they are in colour and black and white (converted in Silver efex Pro2

Pentax 645D FA 75 f/13 17 minutes, lit with torch for 4 minutes

Wetherlam and tree after dark by singingsnapper, on Flickr

B&W

Wetherlam and tree after dark bw by singingsnapper, on Flickr

First image is awesome
Second image is too dark

In the third image light should have been on the tree than on foreground grass.....

4th and 5th images are unwilling to open now!!!!

Regards :D

First image is awesome
Second image is too dark

In the third image light should have been on the tree than on foreground grass.....

4th and 5th images are unwilling to open now!!!!

Regards :D
2nd one is actually overexposed as it was dark! I had the ISO too high. 4th and 5th should open as they still exists on flickr. The area around the tree was completely flooded otherwise I would have used 2 flashes to completely isolate the tree.

A disappointingly damp day in the Lakes today. So not much walking or phototaking done today. This is the main route through Ambleside at dusk:

pentax 645D FA 33-55 f/16 30 seconds ISO 100

Market cross ambleside bw by singingsnapper, on Flickr

I really like the first image.
The others are really good, but not to my taste. I photographically don't understand everything I view... Really... It's me.. Not you.... ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back