Back in Seoul

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am being very fortunate with my travels this last few weeks and am getting more and more colour from glorious sunshine and warm temperatures while the UK shivers and is soaked. I arrived in Seoul yesterday after a long flight via Helsinki. After a good night's sleep, I took a wander over to the temple at Gangnam:

Canon 5D mk III EF 24 - 70 L @ f/16 and 30mm, 1/100, ISO 100

Gangnam-Buddha by singingsnapper, on Flickr

We then went out for a few trips and eating great local food out in the blazing sun, and then rounded off the day in a charming garden called The Garden of Morning Calm. There was a Korean gentleman dressed in traditional dress called a Hanbok. He looked very distinguished, and having worn one myself (the maker tried to convince me to have a pink one as pink is a very popular colour in Korea for men) they are comfortable especially on hot days.

Canon 5D mk III EF 24 - 70L at 45mm f/8 1/250 ISO 800

Korean-gent-in-Hanbok by singingsnapper, on Flickr

same camera and lens at 42mm f/8 1/250 ISO 800

Korean-gentleman-in-Hanbok by singingsnapper, on Flickr

There was a pleasant scene as we finished the day by a small pond:

Canon 5D mk III EF 24 - 70L at f/16 and 27mm 1/25 ISO 320

Garden-of-Morning-calm---at-evening! by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Thanks for bringing this part of the world into my office this morning. These shots really make me want to go and see it myself.

The second image is my favorite. Love the long hair and beard and the relaxed leaning stance. Nice exposure.

Thanks for bringing this part of the world into my office this morning. These shots really make me want to go and see it myself.

The second image is my favorite. Love the long hair and beard and the relaxed leaning stance. Nice exposure.
You really should - stunning and surprising country with fantastic food.

Another sunny day in Seoul. Got back from a venue about 50km away from Seoul and decided to have a go at a traffic trail shot using my sharpest lens, the 100mmL macro. Combined two 20 second exposures to get a continuous run of traffic trails:

Canon 5D mk III EF 100mm L macro f/16 2 x 20 second exposures

Busy-night-in-Seoul by singingsnapper, on Flickr

yet another sunny day yesterday in Korea. We climbed up to a temple on an island off the west coast of Korea. It was worth the climb of several hundred steps!

Canon 5D mk III Ef 28 - 300L at f/16 and 235mm 1/400 ISO 200

view-from-Korean-temple by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Last edited:
Not as sceneic, but there were some seagulls with character at the ferry embarkation point on the island:

Canon 5D mk III EF 24 - 70 at 52mm and f/11 1/1000 ISO 500

Three-korean-seagulls by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Another night shot from the streets of Seoul, two 15 sec shots combined in Photomatix

canon 5D mk III EF 100mm L macro @ f/20 ISO 50

Seoul-night-bend by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Still in Seoul and one of the venues on this trip is one of the huge department stores they have here in Korea. I took my ultrawide 14mm L lens having a bit of fun with colleagues taking off beat portraits - never flattering but good fun nonetheless. On one shot, I forgot that the lens was on manual focus and took this shot. I think it's quite an interesting abstract, but it could just be rubbish! It was pure luck in many ways to get the original shot and I have played with the levels a little to give it a little more contrast

Canon 5D mk III EF 14mm L II at f/5.6 and 1/100 ISO 1600

abstract-corridor by singingsnapper, on Flickr

I want a 5d mk3

Nice pics by the way

Got some film developed and scanned at 15mp in Seoul for the princely sum of £4 each film (about $6). These are from a trip to an island about 80km from Seoul except one from Seoul itself

Pentax 645N FA 45 - 85 at 45mm and f/16 1/60 Kodak Ektra 100

what-a-lot-of-statues!-Ektra by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Pentax 645N FA 45-85 at 50mm f/11 1/160 Fuji Reala 100

Buddha-with-ice-cream-Reala by singingsnapper, on Flickr

and the one from the streets of Seoul

Pentax 645N FA 45 - 55 at 45mm 1/160 f/11 Kodak Ektra 100

Looking-down-the-road-in-Gangnam by singingsnapper, on Flickr

I guess you could say you're doing some Seoul searching. ;)

Those first 4 images are so peaceful... Great series so far keep them coming!

Most reactions

Back