back in the studio .. *56k, think twice :D *

Dew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ok, back in the studio ... :crazy: ... i took these today in my make-shift studio using a softbox and a slave flash (u know, that flash with the umbrella thingy?) .. i lost a little bit of color lowering the resolution for web :? ... anywho .. here they is :lol: ... suggestions? ... comments?

why did he feel the need to change his clothes in front of me :shock: .. while hubby sittin in the next room ... my hubby didnt even get jealous :( .. guess im washed up (of course i was a good girl and left the room :wink: ... think he was flirtin with me? :roll: )

eman.jpg

eman2.jpg

eman3.jpg

eman4.jpg

eman5.jpg

Olympus E20 Digital

1st, 3rd and last are my faves

i like the expression youve caught on his face in those. some of his expressions in the others seem a little overdone. nothing to do with the photographer of course hehe

you do this so well Dew. they get better each time!

he was a little bit dramatic :lol: ... he wanted to do a lot of shots looking away from the camera .. i'm not crazy about that :? ... he wants to be a model (his agent called me up and sent him here) ... i think eyes are important.

now when he's getting paid to do a shoot, he can follow direction and be as dramatic as he likes :lol: ... not while looking for work ... we got about 70 usable ones :D

I think the the last two look too un-natural, like he is trying to hard to have a look that isn't his. Maybe that works for modelling (I have but a tiny bit of experience with it). Was he (or his agent) happy with the shots?

Nice shots. The fourth is quite interesting. I like the shots, but don't like the subjest as much.

Also in the first pic his thumb by his mouth gives him a "duh" look, I think.

Either way I think he is trying to be something he is not in these pictures, perhaps too serious or something. That and his hair needs some work.

I still like the compositions, lighting, and shadows.

Great Job!

he's never "posed" in front of a camera before ... he's trying to be a model or actor :lol: .. he's been looking at too many magazines ... i think their ok for modeling ... but when looking for work, they want to keep it simple.

we also go some "basic" shots ... but he kept trying to give me some "Shaksperian" looks :lol: ... to be honest, i dont know what kind of modeling he will do, he's too short to be a model (he's about 5'8-5'9) and his nose is a little "intrusive" for the way they would sell him (european look) ... its not slendar or long enough and it has a ball on the end, i did some slight retouch on it :lol:

interestingly though, most male "subjects" always ask me if there is a make-up artist available :lol: ... but i got the pimples and razor bumps .. and that slight bump on his nose with photoshop :eek:

jeese, never thought men to be that vein :LOL:

but he is pleased

Well he's definitley got the attitude and the look I see in all of the alternative Calvin Klien type ads, but you're right, he's too short. To be a male model you have to be between 6 and 6'2" with a 28 inch waist.

But the pics are great. You never cease to amaze me.

It's easy to pick at the model here; he does come off a little self-conscious - but then, he's young and learning how to look into the lens.

The images alone are excellent. Great work by DEW!!! :thumbsup:

Hi Dew. I am new to the forum, but I have viewed your work. Very Very nice.

Maybe your husband wasn't worried because your model doesn't fit in to his own skin...just yet. He's young tho...there is always hope.

He reminds me of a young River Phoenix. He has a california look. He is very fortunate to have worked with you however, and I hope he uses this opportunity to his best advantage.

thanks for the comments and suggestion guys .... he was very pleased with the photos and quite shocked to see himself in that "light"

the hubby is not the real jealous type, i only remember one incident over a yr ago when we were at a bar and a guy was blowing kisses at me from over his shoulder :lol: ... he was ready to rip the guy a new one.. ahhhhh, it was so cute :D ... but i get jealous more often :roll: ... just protecting my investment :afro:

investment is as investment does, girlie. Your husband should be please with his...as I am sure you with yours. I noticed you placed this guy yor website. great! you have done a wonderful job

Most reactions

New Topics

Back