Back on night patrol

SashaT

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Decided to go back for a little night action. This time it was during the full moon, we got to the creek before sunset.

_D714923_zpsy5j58biv.jpg

_D714924_zpsqleqpegu.jpg

We sat at the truck and enjoyed some beverages while waiting for it to get a little darker. Finally Time to head down to the water and hopefully have some fun.

_D714929_zpsdvsqjymc.jpg

_D714929-2_zpsj1vmsvcq.jpg

We didn't see very many rodents on the way down. The usual loud splashes on the water were absent as well. Fishing was slow but I finally got the skunk off.

_D714933_zpsxvupipv9.jpg

and the release

_D714935_zpsmbqyme3m.jpg

Fished for a couple hours more with no luck so it was decided to head back to the truck around 12:35 for some snacks and more beverages. I attempted a long exposure shot without the help of a tripod. I attempted to hold the camera still on the fence but the shots still came out a little blurry, this was the best of them.

_D714943_zpswyxsvat0.jpg

We went back down to the water and fished for about two more hours with nothing to show for it. At that point we decided to call it and headed back to town.

If you carry a soft camera bag, toss the bag on a sold surface, then balance the camera on the bag, then use the timer. You were probably using the wrong bait. ;)

If you carry a soft camera bag, toss the bag on a sold surface, then balance the camera on the bag, then use the timer. You were probably using the wrong bait. ;)

Great idea, now why did I not think of that :BangHead: ;)

As far as the "bait", I think you meant to say wrong flies.

Most reactions

Back