Backyard mallards

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We suddenly have Canada geese and mallards everywhere, it seems.

Today this pair showed up in my back yard. They hung out for over 4 hours, so even though we've had drizzling rain it turned into a fun afternoon of watching these two waddle around, nibble and stretch their wings between naps. :586:

Mallards.jpg

I love seeing them around my house. Sometimes when we get very heavy rain, our back lawn can turn into a bit of a pond and sometimes they'll be a couple mallards in there 😂

There's something calming about seeing them hanging out. I'm ready to keep a bag of cracked corn around just in case they return. They did enjoy nibbling under the bird feeders. :586:

They are fun to watch. We have a pair that visit each evening to eat the birdseed dropped from the feeders. I have to check before I let the pups out.

They are fun to watch. We have a pair that visit each evening to eat the birdseed dropped from the feeders. I have to check before I let the pups out.
You're so lucky! :) I had to keep the cats in that day. They likely would have been intimidated by such strangers, but I couldn't risk spooking the ducks.

I'd love to see them more regularly. Keeping the bird feeders stocked for them, too, now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back