Bad Dog

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
790-1378-v2.jpg

Cute shot, i like those bad scenes. Hope, the dog didnt bites you. ;)
Ok, the Light is correct, i can see a lot of details in the wooden materials, the cut denies all the light from behind, only the little green in foreground is overapertured(did i say that right?)
Good work in a hard valuerange of light and shadow

greetings peter

Ooooo! I like it very much! The lighting and composition are great!!

I'd like for you to explain to us what all you did in post to this one to come out as it does. The light looks like it had been glaring! Against all that, you must have done quite a lot in order to bring out the texture of the wood. You did not carry any strong strobes into the desert, I assume...

Cute shot, i like those bad scenes. Hope, the dog didnt bites you. ;)
Ok, the Light is correct, i can see a lot of details in the wooden materials, the cut denies all the light from behind, only the little green in foreground is overapertured(did i say that right?)
Good work in a hard valuerange of light and shadow

greetings peter

Thanks. You're close- I'll explain below.

Ooooo! I like it very much! The lighting and composition are great!!

Thank you.

I'd like for you to explain to us what all you did in post to this one to come out as it does. The light looks like it had been glaring! Against all that, you must have done quite a lot in order to bring out the texture of the wood. You did not carry any strong strobes into the desert, I assume...

The original shot was taken in March 2003. The recent processing is in my usual quest to make bad shots work for fear of having to retrace the trillion (somehow that doesn't sound like so much anymore) odd miles I've traveled in the 14-15 years to reshoot everything with a decent slr.

Shot with a Nikon 990 in auto mode, I metered on the dark shadows which blew out the light areas totally. I did a crop closer to the building leaving just enough sky and vegetation in just to make it make sense. I did levels and curves adjustment layers on the building, and adjusted the shadows to bring out the grain and separations between the railroad ties. I burned the highlights in the foreground and the door and window openings to hide the interior giving (I hope) some depth to the structure.

Not my best work, but acceptable.

Most reactions

Back