sm4him

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
sm4him.500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spent last week in the Bahamas, on a cruise with my best friend and her family. More about that HERE if you're interested. Also some pics of her son on a Flowrider, here.

A friend of mine once said that if you come back from vacation and you're not at least a *little* bitter about going back to work, you did something wrong. :lol:
I must have done it completely right. :D

Anyway--I'd planned to spend most of the day we had on Half Moon Cay out by myself, looking for birds. That didn't happen, and it was completely okay. I did get about 45 minutes or so, and walked a little of the nature trail there.
Didn't see anything ALL that interesting, like the Magnificent Frigatebird that I was really hoping for, but here's a few I did see.

1. White-Crowned Pigeon. By far, the most interesting, or at least the most location-specific bird I saw.
HalfMoonCay_0879editweb by sm4him, on Flickr

2. Bahamian Mockingbird. Their sounds are a little different from our Northern Mockingbird, and they are more brown than grey, but basically, it's just a mockingbird.
HalfMoonCay_0831editweb by sm4him, on Flickr

3. Common Ground Dove.
HalfMoonCay_0881editweb by sm4him, on Flickr

4. Some kind of chicken. Another chick and the mama surprised me by running across the path right in front of me so fast that they had disappeared into the brush on the other side before I could even raise my camera to my eye. I missed focus on this one a bit, too, but it was the only shot I got.
HalfMoonCay_0905editweb by sm4him, on Flickr

5. And just for fun:
HalfMoonCay_0898editweb by sm4him, on Flickr
This one may have actually been a Northern Mockingbird (they have both Northern and Bahamian). He was quite intrigued by the white-skinned, red-haired humanoid with the huge black round thing that was pointed at it. :D

As always, general comments and witty banter are welcome in my threads, along with the occasional helpful C&C.

The last one is the one I like the best because you failed to heed to the "rules" and zoomed on the beautiful face. It's true, bird's tail feathers are not in frame but that cocked head and face are quite sufficient.

Hope you had a few Bahama mamas. Nice Birds, I especially like the pigeon.

Very nice! First and last for me.

We were wondering where you were, we were going to organize a search party or just send Robins to find you. But he'd just get distracted and wind up at the zoo anyways so we scrapped that plan and just waited patiently for your return :mrgreen:

#4, go ahead and stop my heart from beating, so darn cute !!!! ;) Very sharp shots here Sharon and love that Pigeon, amazing looking variety that one. LOL, who would want to go back to work after that :) Good on you and you really did have a blast huh. Very nice to see.

All the best Sharon, fine shots and when is the next trip ;)

Danny.

Most reactions

Back