Bald Eagle At Melton Hill Dam

Scott Whaley

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had heard there was a couple bald eagles at the base of the Melton Hill Dam in Roane County, Tn. I decided to drive over just to see. I finally found their next way up in a tree on a hillside between 2,000 and 3,000 feet from where I was situated. I had my Canon 5d mkiv with the Sigma 150-600 Sports lens and the 2X extension while shooting with a tripod. I finally got some shots of her sitting outside her next and then while in flight. I had to crop the photo about 75% and then ran the photos through Topaz Photo AI. Here is what I was able to come up with today. Hopefully, in the future I will be able to get some closer shots and not have to crop so much.

Eagle (1 of 2).jpg

Eagle (2 of 2).jpg

Very nice.

Nice work! Now that you are assured of their presence, you can go there and shoot without having to think about so much post processing. She's a beauty! Love the first one in particular.

Nice work! Now that you are assured of their presence, you can go there and shoot without having to think about so much post processing. She's a beauty! Love the first one in particular.
I hated that I had to PP so much. I look forward to going back soon. It's only about 15 minutes from my home.

Nice shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back